We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our marketing team and help us build and maintain a strong online presence for our brand. As a creative and strategic thinker, you will be responsible for developing, executing and monitoring innovative social media campaigns that resonate with our target audience and elevate our brand to new heights.
Who we are
UK Youth is a leading charity that exists to ensure all young people are equipped to thrive and empowered to contribute at every stage of their lives. We work with others to ensure that the youth sector is strengthened, supported and that provision is youth-led, evidence-informed and delivers high-quality outcomes.
UK Youth plays a unique role in addressing; the lack of investment in the youth sector, the lack of cross-sector understanding in how youth work makes a difference and the limited opportunities to embed effective solutions. These factors lead to mass inequality of access to youth services for young people.
Why work at UK Youth?
We are a value-based, passionate and committed organisation offering a friendly working environment with lots of opportunities for professional development and socialising (even for those working remotely!) from lunch and learn sessions, staff quizzes, to virtual coffee meet ups, community groups, and all staff away days.
UK Youth prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity employer, and we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to inclusivity and to employing and supporting a diverse workforce. Our selection procedures ensure that people are treated on the basis of their relevant merits, experience, skills and abilities and that no individual receives more or less favourable treatment.
We welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQIA+ and persons with disabilities. We are also currently underrepresented by men and so are seeking applications from different backgrounds, cultures, age, experience and identity to bring a wide range of experience, ideas, views and insights to UK Youth.
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive range of benefits, good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and vibrant organisational culture.
- Flexible/Agile Working
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees)
- Funded training provided in; Safeguarding, GDPR, Information and Cyber Security & Equality & Diversity
- Other training available in support of your personal and professional development
- Pension scheme (currently UK Youth match employee contributions up to 5%)
- Membership of our life insurance scheme which would pay-out up to 4 times your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme to support employees both professionally and personally
- 20% discount off bookings at Avon Tyrrell, our New Forest Outdoor Centre, including camping, lodges and outdoor activities.
- IT equipment provided for the duration of contract
- CycleScheme and TechScheme
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please read the job description and complete an application via our completely anonymised recruitment system (provided by Applied).
- Closing date for applications will be 30th October 2023 at 11:59pm (Midnight)
- Interviews are scheduled to take place from 1st November 2023
As this role involves working in a regulated environment with young people, any offer will be conditional to satisfactory background checks, which include criminal record check and employment reference.
As part of the recruitment process UK Youth will be gathering and uses certain information about you. For further information regarding this please review our Data Protection Privacy Notice which explains what data of yours we process and how we use it.