This role aids our best in class outdoor learning provision by:
- Supporting the entire customer life cycle from initial inquiry to final invoice
- Proactively promoting and selling outdoor learning programmes and facilities carefully matched to customer requirements and learning objectives
- Delivering excellent customer services to guests on site, facilitating a high-quality customer experience
Candidates should enjoy working in a young person centred setting and be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Previous experience in a similar customer facing administrative role and a proven track record of delivering high standards of customer care
- Experience of communicating effectively with a wide range of organisations and individuals to build strong customer relations, promoting ideas and converting enquiries to sales
- good understanding of the value and positive impacts of outdoor learning or a willingness to learn
- Experience of a specialist booking system or a willingness to learn
- Retail experience and an understanding of secondary selling or a willingness to learn
Please note: We operate 7 days a week so this role will include some weekend working, currently averaged at 1 in 4.
Who we are
UK Youth is a leading charity that exists to ensure all young people are equipped to thrive and
empowered to contribute at every stage of their lives. We work with others to ensure that the youth sector is strengthened, supported, and that provision is youth-led, evidence-informed and delivers high-quality outcomes.
UK Youth plays a unique role in addressing; the lack of investment in the youth sector, the lack of cross sector understanding in how youth work makes a difference and the limited opportunities to embed effective solutions. These factors lead to mass inequality of access to youth services for young people. To find more about us and how we make an impact, please visit UK Youth Website.
Why work at UK Youth?
We are a value-based, passionate and committed organisation offering a friendly working environment with lots of opportunities for professional development and socialising (even whilst we are all working remotely!) from lunch and learn sessions, staff quizzes to virtual coffee meet ups.
UK Youth prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity employer and we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to inclusivity, and to employing and supporting a diverse workforce. Our selection procedures ensure that people are treated on the basis of their relevant merits, experience, skills and abilities and that no individual receives more or less favourable treatment.
We welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our organisation including Black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities. We are also currently underrepresented by men, and so are seeking applications from different backgrounds, cultures, age, experience and identity to bring a wide range of experience, ideas, views and insights to UK Youth.
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive range of benefits, good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and vibrant organisational culture.
- Flexible/Agile Working
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently UK Youth match employee contributions up to 5%)
- Membership of our life insurance scheme which would pay-out up to 4 times your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme to support employees both professionally and personally
- 20% discount off bookings at Avon Tyrrell our New Forest Outdoor Centre including, camping, lodges and outdoor activities.
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
How to apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description for this role. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, about your journey to date; how this has shaped you and the things you learnt along the way.
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please read the job description, and then click here and complete an application via our completely anonymised recruitment system (provided by Applied).
- Closing date for applications will be 12pm, Friday 22nd October 2021
As this role involves working in a regulated environment with young people, any offer will be conditional to satisfactory background checks which include criminal record check and employment reference. However, we welcome applications from those with previous criminal convictions.
As part of the recruitment process UK Youth will be gathering and uses certain information about you. For further information regarding this please review our Data Protection Privacy Notice which explains what data of yours we process and how we use it.