This role supports our best-in-class outdoor learning provision by:
- Delivering high-quality hygiene and cleanliness across all facilities within the centre, assuring a positive experience to our stakeholders.
- Maintaining site facilities and supporting accommodation changeovers to meet our operational requirements and create a positive comfortable outdoor learning environment
- Delivering high levels of customer care by interacting politely and professionally with all customers.
Previous housekeeping experience is preferred but not essential for candidates willing to learn.
Candidates should enjoy working in a young person-centred setting and be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Friendly approachable person with good organisational skills, enthusiasm, and energy, willing to undertake any task required of them.
- Self-motivated and capable of working on own and working with others when required.
- Flexible approach to work and be hands on to get the task done.
Please note: We operate 7 days a week and have various shifts available – you will be able to state your flexibility as part of the application process.
Who we are
UK Youth is a leading charity that exists to ensure all young people are equipped to thrive and empowered to contribute at every stage of their lives. We work with others to ensure that the youth sector is strengthened, supported, and that provision is youth-led, evidence-informed and delivers high-quality outcomes.
UK Youth plays a unique role in addressing; the lack of investment in the youth sector, the lack of cross sector understanding in how youth work makes a difference and the limited opportunities to embed effective solutions. These factors lead to mass inequality of access to youth services for young people. To find more about us and how we make an impact, please visit UK Youth Website.
Why work at UK Youth?
We are a value-based, passionate and committed organisation offering a friendly working environment with lots of opportunities for professional development and socialising (even whilst we are all working remotely!) from lunch and learn sessions, staff quizzes to virtual coffee meet ups.
UK Youth prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity employer and we would particularly welcome applications for this role from those who identify under one of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to inclusivity, and to employing and supporting a diverse workforce. Our selection procedures ensure that people are treated on the basis of their relevant merits, experience, skills and abilities and that no individual receives more or less favourable treatment.
We welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in our organisation including Black, Asian, minority ethnic groups, LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities. We are also currently underrepresented by men, and so are seeking applications from different backgrounds, cultures, age, experience and identity to bring a wide range of experience, ideas, views and insights to UK Youth.
What we can offer you
We offer a competitive range of benefits, good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and vibrant organisational culture.
- Flexible/Agile Working
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme (currently UK Youth match employee contributions up to 5%)
- Membership of our life insurance scheme which would pay-out up to 4 times your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme to support employees both professionally and personally
- 20% discount off bookings at Avon Tyrrell our New Forest Outdoor Centre including, camping, lodges and outdoor activities.
- Cyclescheme and Techscheme
How to apply
Candidates are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description for this role. Your experience, skills and passion will set you apart so tell us about your achievements, irrespective of whether they are personal or work-related, about your journey to date; how this has shaped you and the things you learnt along the way.
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please read the job description and complete an application via our completely anonymised recruitment system (provided by Applied) or email your CV to email@example.com
- Applications are reviewed fortnightly with interviews ongoing
As this role involves working in a regulated environment with young people, any offer will be conditional to satisfactory background checks which include criminal record check and employment reference. However, we welcome applications from those with previous criminal convictions.
As part of the recruitment process UK Youth will be gathering and uses certain information about you. For further information regarding this please review our Data Protection Privacy Notice which explains what data of yours we process and how we use it.