Youth Engagement Coordinator
Are you passionate about transforming the lives of young people? At UK Youth we work hand in hand with young people – and the dedicated organisations supporting them – to develop the skills, belief, courage and leadership to build a bright future, regardless of background or circumstances.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced youth worker to co-ordinate the delivery of our new Youth Engagement Strategy. As a Youth Engagement Coordinator you will embed Youth Voice into the Membership of UK Youth, working alongside our members to ensure young people are involved in decision making and develop the skills to influence their own lives and the world around them. You will support young people’s active engagement in projects and policy on a national and local level and encourage peer led participation. You will also work with the Membership Team to deliver our UK Youth accreditation and awards system and deliver training to young people and members.
You must be a dynamic, self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fluid, fast changing environment, who is target driven along with being highly organised and capable of prioritising effectively. Enthusiasm, engagement and motivating yourself and others are critical competencies for this role.
This role offers the chance to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of young people through developing and supporting our members.
Required Skills and Experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the area of training
- Direct experience of working with young people
- Experience and understanding of designing and delivering training
- Proven ability to promote creative and innovative approaches to supporting group learning and personal development in non-formal education environments e.g. youth, community work.
- Demonstrable commitment to youth-led participation programmes and active participatory methods in youth work or community education.
- Understanding of the issues facing young people
- Strong organisational skills; the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Discretion, judgement and experience of dealing with sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good understanding of different audiences
- Effective relationship manager
- A ‘can do’ and flexible approach with ability adapt to changing priorities, Including a willingness to travel and work irregular hours when necessary
- Pro-active, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with high levels of initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Innovative and imaginative thinking
Salary: up to £25,000 pa
Closing Date: 22nd February 2017
Benefits: Pension, generous holiday allowance & life insurance
To apply for this position, please forward a CV together with a one page supporting statement to email@example.com. Please ensure that your application fully addresses the key requirements for the role.
Please download the job description and person specification for more details on the role. You are also invited to complete and return the Equality & Diversity Monitoring form. The information on the form will be treated as confidential, and used for statistical purposes. The form will not be treated as part of the application.