Youth Engagement Manager
Are you passionate about transforming the lives of young people? At UK Youth we work with community youth organisations across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to give vulnerable young people a safe place to go and access to high quality support and training.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Youth Engagement Manager to be responsible for the overall strategy, management and development of young people’s engagement in UK Youth through its young people’s participation in ‘UK Youth Voice’, in addition to supporting youth participation funded programmes, managing events and training.
As Youth Engagement Manager you will embed the Youth Voice network into the Membership of UK Youth, working alongside our members to ensure strong relationship management and opportunities for the young people they work with. Support young people’s active engagement in projects and policy on a national and local level and encourage peer participation. You will also manage the overall strategy, moderation and development of the UK Youth accreditation and awards systems, while identifying opportunities for growth and business development.
You must be a dynamic, self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fluid, fast changing environment, who is target driven along with being highly organised and capable of prioritising effectively. Enthusiasm, engagement and motivating yourself and others are critical competencies for this role.
This role offers the chance to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of young people through developing and supporting our members.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the area of training
- Direct experience of working with youth people
- Previous experience and thorough understanding of training programmes
- Proven ability to promote creative and innovative approaches to supporting group learning and personal development in non-formal education environments e.g. youth, community work.
- Demonstrable commitment to youth-led participation programmes and active participatory methods in youth work or community education.
- Strong organisational skills; the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
- Proven project management skills with projects involving young people.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Discretion, judgement and experience of dealing with sensitive information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good understanding of different audiences
- Effective relationship manager
- Ability to work within budgets and minimise costs
- Experience of working in a national or regional context
- A ‘can do’ and flexible approach with ability adapt to changing priorities, Including a willingness to travel and work irregular hours when necessary
- Pro-active, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with high levels of initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction
- Innovative and imaginative thinking
Salary: up to £35,000 pa
Benefits: Pension, generous holiday allowance & life insurance
To apply for this position please apply online with a CV together with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that your application addresses the key requirements of the role.
Download the appointment brief for full details of the role and person specification. You are also invited to complete and return the diversity monitoring form. The information on the form will be treated as confidential, and used for statistical purposes. The form will not be treated as part of the application.