Membership & Development Manager
UK Youth is a leading national charity that empowers young people to take control of their own lives and reach their full potential. We do this by connecting a vast network of youth groups across the UK and running a range of innovative programmes that help young people develop the skills, knowledge and experience they need to succeed in life.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Membership & Development Manager to join the UK Youth team. We are looking for someone to manage, support and increase our network of national partners, regional youth associations and local youth groups and position them firmly at the heart of everything we do.
You will continually review and develop UK Youth’s membership portfolio, data and behaviours of members, benchmarking against other organisations to identify successful models and innovative ideas. Identifying and developing new membership strategies to constantly refresh and grow the membership.
Working with the membership and marketing team to ensure develop marketing communications reflect the brand, image and ethos of the Charity and draw on customer feedback to promote the membership experience.
As Membership & Development Manager you will motivate and lead the membership team to support the development and quality assurance of UK Youth’s learning programmes by constantly reviewing and improving the training and events offer, developing and maintaining innovative new training material, liaising with Awarding Organisations around our support of the programmes, initiating, influencing and contributing to wider UK Youth initiatives to support youth organisations in a holistic way.
This role offers the chance to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of young people through developing and supporting our members. Experience of working for a charity and/or with young people would be beneficial (but not essential).
Require Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, or with a professional qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional development in the area of membership
- Direct experience and thorough understanding of managing membership schemes
- Direct experience of relationship management and stakeholder engagement programmes
- Experience of delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns and the ability to use digital marketing tools
- Extensive experience CRM/stakeholder management systems and interrogating data and reporting
- Effective process development and management
- Team management
- Track record of delivering significant income growth
- Ability to analyse data and develop information into reports for wider dissemination and presentation
- Ability to engage staff across the organisation to assist in fundraising
- Empathy with the needs of young people and the work of UK Youth
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Knowledge of Data Protection and other legislation concerning membership
Salary: £35,000 pa
Benefits: Pension, generous holiday allowance & life insurance
To apply for this position please apply online with a CV together with a supporting statement to email@example.com. Please ensure that your application addresses the key requirements of the role.
Download the appointment brief for full details of the role and person specification. You are also invited to complete and return the diversity monitoring form. The information on the form will be treated as confidential, and used for statistical purposes. The form will not be treated as part of the application.