UKYouth Logo Header Background Image
buy hydrochlorothiazide
UK Youth First Annual Review

Annual Review confirms the value of our work


UK Youth's Annual Review of 2011-12 offers a comprehensive look at what we do and brings together statistics, case studies and information about the impact of our work. 

 

The document pulls together evidence from all aspects of our work and features the stories of four young people whose lives have been enhanced through UK Youth programmes. This report is the first to include a detailed breakdown of the reach of our network and also outlines qualitative research that demonstrates the benefits young people derive from our work. 

 

Highlights of the report include:

 

  • News that our national network now reaches 790,000 young people across the UK each year.
  • Research showing our direct work engages over 63,000 young people every year.
  • Confirmation that most of our work - 86% - is 'open-access' with the remaining 14% targeting particular groups such as NEETs and young carers. 
     

The most commonly occuring 'outcomes' linked to our work are: 
 

Short-term (occur during a programme)

Improved confidence, Better at managing feelings, Increased skills


Medium-term
(directly linked to a programme)

Achieving qualifications, Increased stay in education, Increased resilience & determination


Long-term
(influenced by a programme)

Improved health & well-being, Increased civic participation, Increased quality & level of employment

 

"We are delighted to be able to present this new-look overview of our work. It includes all kinds of valuable information and shows that we are leading the way when it comes to demonstrating our impact. This will be a really useful tool to help promote our work and that of our members."  Charlotte Hill, Chief Exective, UK Youth