This year we are delighted to be jointly hosting our Annual General meeting with NCVYS and Leap Confronting Conflict on 28 November from 9.30 am to 5 pm at St Mary's London W1H 1PQ.
The event entitled 'Collaboration in Practise: Connect, create & continue' aims to bring a broad range of sector professionals and members of our networks together to discuss a wide range of issues affecting the sector and young people.
Focusing on collaboration and partnership working, the conference on the 28th November will:
- feature guest speakers from the Department for Education
- explore potential for joint working;
- identify and explore opportunities in the current policy environment;
- showcase best practice from expert members and young people;
- broker conversations between sector specialists and the wider UK Youth & NCVYS membership;
- allow learning from organisations that are expert in building bridges between organisations;
- provide a unique opportunity to network with a broad range of key figures within the voluntary and community sector.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include (in alphabetical order):
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE is a former Welsh wheelchair racer and is currently a Parliamentarian and television presenter.
- Dame Julia Cleverdon, Vice President of Business in the Community, and a Special Adviser to the Prince's Charities on responsible business practice
- Rt Hon Don Foster MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Department for Communities and Local Government
- Tony Gallagher, HMI lead for youth services at Ofsted
- Gillian Hillier, Deputy Director, Young People's Division, Department for Education
- Nigel Mansell CBE, President UK Youth
- Karyn McCluskey, Founder of Community Initiative to Reduce Violence
- Edward Timpson MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families, Department for Education
- Simon Woolley, Director and one of the founders of Operation Black Vote. Also a commissioner for race on the Equality and Human Rights Commission.
As well as the Chairs and Chief Executives of UK Youth, NCVYS & Leap Confronting Conflict.
The day will also include the following expert seminars:
Seminar 1: Chairs' & Chief Executives' meeting of the UK Youth network:
An opportunity for UK Youth network members' Chief Executives to come together to discuss policy, tendering and local, regional and national strategy.
Seminar 2: Collaborative Investment - An Exploration of Investment Readiness
A social investment briefing – what is it? What do organisations need to be doing to be 'investment ready'?
Seminar 3: Collaborative Policy
To explore joint working on policy issues across the sector; this fits in with part of NCVYS's work to engage youth organisations in looking at mechanisms for influencing policy, both in responding to issues, as well as how we successfully lobby.
Seminar 4: Building effective partnerships
How can we ensure that we nurture partnerships that are primarily focused on our organisations' clients' needs rather than on our organisations' needs when there is such competitive pressure? This session will be based on Leap's recent experience of partnership building.
You can read more about the conference by downloading the attachments. This conference is now FULL.
We hope to see you on 28th November.