This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious and growing charity in a key role, as Events Manager. UK Youth work hand in hand with young people, and the organisations supporting them, to develop the skills, belief, courage and leadership to build bright futures.
Over many years UK Youth has built up an impressive portfolio of exciting and innovative events, including our renowned Gala Dinner, and ‘Art for Youth’ in the Mall Galleries. These events are supported by a network of corporates and individuals, and we seeking an ambitious, pro-active and energetic person to join our team to be responsible for leading and coordinating UK Youth’s major high profile events, and to build on our success to date.
As part of a small but influential team you will play an essential role in the success of our work and the charity. You will need at least 3 years events experience, and have excellent attention to detail, with planning, communication and interpersonal skills being your greatest strength.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in an events role
- Successful track record of managing income generation and cultivation events and activity
- Experience managing suppliers, venues and speakers
- Experience of working in a busy and deadline driven work environment
- Experience of staff and/or volunteer management
- Ability to engage staff across the organisation to assist in event delivery
- Extremely organised, with good time management skills and ability to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to operate across a number of different sectors and areas
- Able to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and accurately with excellent attention to detail
Salary: circa £35,000 pa
Benefits: Pension, generous holiday allowance & life insurance
To apply for this position, please forward a CV together with a one page supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that your application fully addresses the key requirements for the role.
Closing Date: 19 March 2017
Please download the job description and person specification for more details on the role. You are also invited to complete and return the Equality and Diversity Monitoring form. The information on the form will be treated as confidential, and used for statistical purposes. The form will not be treated as part of the application.